What’s precept? What’s persona? What’s your precept of your persona? This course introduces the scholar to various persona theorists, their personalities, and their views in offering notion in to the question of the self. Psychoanalytic, social, behavioral, traits, natural, humanistic, and cognitive are among the many theories that shall be talked about on this course.
Course Topics & Goals
Week One: Persona Theories
· Describe the 5 major dispositional traits.
· Concentrate on the three ranges of persona.
· Make clear the three steps of the scientific course of as utilized to persona psychology.
Week Two: Social-Finding out Thought and Behaviorism
· Describe the three historic intervals of up to date persona psychology.
· Summarize key concepts of behaviorism and of Bandura’s social-learning precept.
Week Three: The Nature of Traits
· Describe the qualities of an environment friendly trait inventory.
· Study mechanistic and reciprocal interactionism.
· Study and distinction the fully completely different positions of the character of traits as supplied by 20th-century theorists.
Week four: Major Traits
· Concentrate on the which implies and implications of the Massive 5 major trait clusters.
Week 5:Persona Traits Over Time
· Distinguish between absolute continuity and differential continuity.
· Concentrate on trait continuity patterns from infancy by maturity.
· Study genetic and environmental have an effect on on trait origins and development.
Week Six:Human Motivation
· Study and distinction the psychoanalytic, humanistic, and selection views of human motivation.
Week Seven:Social-Cognitive Thought
· Describe how cognitive varieties have an effect on persona.
· Take a look at the important thing components of social-cognitive precept.
· Analyze George Kelly’s precept of private constructs.
Week Eight:Phases of Life and Enchancment
· Take a look at Erik Erikson’s eight phases of life.
· Make clear Jane Loevinger’s phases of ego development.
Week 9:Narrative Id and You
· Compose a non-public narrative id.
· Assemble a novel persona precept.