This task requires you to assemble a compilation of papers and tasks from this course and former programs and add them to your Skilled Portfolio. The portfolio is designed that can assist you compile all you could have realized all through your undergraduate research with the very best examples of your work to characterize what you might be able to doing whenever you graduate this system. This task additionally offers you a chance to mirror on what you could have realized as a scholar of prison justice, and to organize to actualize post-graduation objectives. It’ll function a useful resource as you navigate the world of potential employers and graduate admissions committees. The scholar portfolio can also be a measure of effectiveness for the Argosy College program in prison justice. The Skilled Portfolio consists of two important sections. A Skilled Profile part that’s accomplished by all college students with both an Employment focus or a Graduate Faculty focus, relying in your post-baccalaureate plans. You labored on this part in Modules 1 and 2. The second part holds your Skilled Work Samples demonstrating your talents, abilities, and competencies throughout a variety of duties and goals.
The Skilled Profile part summarizes your profession planning objectives. You have got already compiled the paperwork for this part in Modules 1 and 2 of this course. It comprises the next paperwork:
- A Cowl Letter as a approach to introduce your self to a possible employer. This consists of particulars about your self and why you are feeling you might be certified for the place (Employment).
- A Private Assertion describing your quick and long-term profession objectives, together with an evidence of why these objectives are acceptable when it comes to your information, abilities, private traits, values, and experiences (Graduate Faculty).
Word: The non-public assertion is connected to the Curriculum Vitae (Graduate Faculty), and the Cowl Letter is connected to the Resume (Employment), so take the time to be inventive and never repeat your self.
- A Resume with checklist of References that’s present, correct, in look (Employment).
- A Curriculum Vitae with checklist of References that’s present, correct in look. (Graduate Faculty)
- Non-obligatory: A duplicate of your Transcript(s)
The Skilled Work Samples part demonstrates your efficiency and mastery of Argosy University’s program outcomes/competencies for the Criminal Justice major.
You’ll work on this part of the portfolio for this module’s task. Choose three–5 paperwork to function samples of your finest work in this system. Collectively, they need to illustrate your mastery of all the 7 program outcomes listed under. Examples of the kind of work that might illustrate every final result are supplied under, as nicely. These paperwork must be samples of your work that you just accomplished in earlier programs as an undergraduate scholar.
These outcomes are listed under, together with the assignments that may very well be included to display mastery of the result:
- Theoretical Foundations: Assignments, papers, or tasks from programs that display your capability to elucidate basic ideas associated to the prison justice system, and to interpret the historic foundations and modern theories related to the causes of crime, techniques of social management, regulation enforcement, judicial course of, and correctional philosophies.
- Downside Fixing Ideas: Assignments or tasks that apply ideas of scientific methodology in an effort to resolve diverse and complicated issues within the subject of prison justice.
- Ethics: Papers that display your understanding and/or evaluation of how one ought to ethically apply legal guidelines, insurance policies, procedures, and operational methods to the investigation, detection, apprehension, adjudication, and rehabilitation or punishment of prison offenders.
- Analysis and Evaluation: Assignments or tasks that display your capability to make use of fundamental analysis strategies for gathering, analyzing, and deciphering statistical information related to prison exercise, regulation enforcement, the judicial course of, and corrections.
- Communication (written and oral): Papers, presentation outlines, or slideshows that display your written and oral communication abilities.
- Data Literacy: Assignments, papers, or tasks from programs that display your capability to make use of data to reinforce operational efficiency, support in strategic planning, predict crime traits, and promote private security.
- Variety and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Assignments, papers, or tasks from programs that display your capability to investigate and apply abilities of interpersonal effectiveness in a prison justice setting utilizing remark, energetic listening, and questioning; and your capability to guage the strengths and weaknesses of a various society and handle social issues and interpersonal battle with due respect for race, ethnicity, gender, faith, tradition, financial standing, and life-style.
After you have assembled your work samples, you’ll write a 700–1000-word narrative to function a preface to the Skilled Work Samples part. This narrative ought to encompass a transparent and considerate evaluation of how every work pattern reveals your strengths and areas for enchancment, based on every of the seven areas addressed in this system outcomes/competencies (listed above). Be sure you additionally deal with how you plan to strengthen your competencies in all areas as you graduate onto the following step of your skilled profession. On which areas will you focus most and why?
This preface also needs to embrace an analysis of the Legal Justice program in addition to strategies for this system that may allow it to assist future Legal Justice majors develop these strengths and overcome these weaknesses sooner or later.
Enter every of those elements (Skilled Profile, Skilled Work Samples, with self- analysis) into the Professional Profile Template. Put up your Skilled Portfolio by Wednesday, March 11, 2015
|Project 2 Grading Standards|
Compiled all the weather of the Portfolio utilizing the template, in a neat method. Included at the very least three work samples which deal with all seven Program Outcomes.
Submitted a 700–1000-word, clear and considerate evaluation of how every of the work samples reveal your strengths and areas for enchancment, based on every of the seven areas addressed in this system outcomes/competencies.
Addressed how you plan to strengthen your competencies in all areas as you graduate and which areas you’d focus most on, and why.
Included an analysis of the Legal Justice program together with strategies to allow it to assist future Legal justice majors develop these strengths and overcome these weaknesses sooner or later.
Wrote in a transparent, concise, and arranged method; demonstrated moral scholarship in correct illustration and attribution of sources; displayed correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.