Follow: The Fall of Rome and the East-West Schism Follow Project
On this task you’ll full the next steps:
1. Analysis: Use the content material on this course and the web sites supplied to analysis the decline of the Roman Empire and its impression on Jap and Western Europe through the postclassical period.
2. Create: Use your analysis findings to design a five-slide multimedia presentation summarizing how the autumn of Rome affected Jap and Western Europe, together with the ensuing schism between the church buildings of Constantinople and Rome.
three. Synthesize: Write a paragraph synthesizing your analysis findings and describing the key results of the autumn of Rome on each Jap and Western Europe.
This part is price 5 factors. See the scoring rubric under for extra particulars on how you may be graded in your analysis. First, learn again by means of this lesson to refresh your reminiscence on the autumn of the Roman Empire and its impression on the Byzantine Empire and medieval Europe. Then, go to three of the web sites underneath “Analysis Sources” to seek out extra detailed data on these topics. As you conduct your analysis, search for solutions to the next questions: Analysis Notes:
1. What had been the important thing traits of the autumn of the Roman Empire?
2. To what extent was the Byzantine Empire a continuation of the Roman Empire?
three. How did the autumn of Rome have an effect on Western Europe?
four. What was the East-West Schism?
- “Historic Rome,” Worldwide World Historical past Mission
- “The Fall of Rome – An Creator Dialogue,” Oxford College Press Creator Dialogue
- “Rome’s Fall and Europe’s Rise: A View from Late Antiquity,” The Medieval Evaluate 07.10.12
- “The Byzantine Empire,” Worldwide World Historical past Mission
- “The Center Ages,” Worldwide World Historical past Mission
- “The Nice Schism,” St. George Greek Orthodox Church
- “The Spiritual Relationship Between Byzantium and the West,” Heilbrunn Timeline of Artwork Historical past, Metropolitan Museum of Artwork
This part is price 20 factors. See the scoring rubric under for extra particulars on how you may be graded in your presentation. You’ll now define a five-slide presentation on the autumn of the Roman Empire and its impacts on Jap and Western Europe. Every web page in your presentation ought to have a selected focus and establish three important educating factors. Your first slide ought to function an introduction to your presentation, whilst you final slide ought to be a conclusion.
Use the template supplied under to create your presentation. A pattern slide has been supplied as a touch to the varieties of data you need to report within the template. Notice: You aren’t required to create a full multimedia presentation; merely describe the knowledge that every slide will comprise, together with title, textual content, and pictures. Your presentation ought to tackle the next:
1. Describe the key results of the autumn of Rome on each Jap and Western Europe.
2. Analyze the extent to which the Byzantine Empire was a continuation of the outdated Roman Empire.
three. Analyze the continuing relationship between Jap and Western Europe after the autumn of Rome, together with the causes and results of the schism between the church buildings of Constantinople and Rome.