Sigmund Freud is commonly hailed as the daddy of psychoanalytical idea. His idea was the primary to level to the affect of early childhood experiences. Nonetheless, psychoanalytical idea has obtained a whole lot of criticism. Though theories are speculated to be goal and value-free, they’re developed inside a sociocultural and political context. For instance, with historic perspective, it’s potential to see that values inside the Western Victorian period influenced Freud as he developed his idea. One other criticism is that many psychoanalytical ideas can’t be measured. For instance, how do you measure the id, ego, and superego or the notion of unconscious conflicts? Consequently, it’s troublesome to check the accuracy of those ideas utilizing social science analysis strategies.
You will need to critically consider theories for his or her sensible use. For instance, is it applicable to make use of a idea when working with various populations or with populations totally different from these with whom the speculation was normed (e.g., ladies, racial and ethnic minority teams, those that are economically deprived)? Lastly, are the assumptions of theories according to the values underlying the sphere? On this Dialogue, you reply to a few of these considerations.
To organize, learn the next from the Studying Assets:
- Auld, F., Hyman, M., & Rudzinski, D. (2005). How is remedy with ladies totally different? In Decision and interior battle: An introduction to psychoanalytic remedy (pp. 217–236). Washington DC: American Psychological Affiliation.
- Nationwide Affiliation of Social Employees. (2008). Code of ethics of the Nationwide Affiliation of Social Employees. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
By Day three
- Summarize the assumptions of Freud’s psychoanalytical idea in 2 to three sentences.
- Clarify whether or not you imagine it’s applicable to use psychoanalytic idea to ladies and people from racial and ethnic minority teams.
- Clarify whether or not you imagine psychoanalytic idea is according to social work values and social work ethics.