Right here is What Occurred . . .
On the first of Might this 12 months, Centervale Police Officer Smith arrested Rosie Greene, a 15-year-old, for stealing plenty of objects from an space consolation retailer. This was merely one in all plenty of incidents Rosie has been involved on this 12 months. Almost all of Rosie’s incidents have been centered on her schoolwork, fights, loitering, and truancy.
The principal has suspended Rosie plenty of situations from school. Nonetheless, Rosie continues to work together in delinquent behaviors. Rosie’s arrest has been extensively publicized throughout the newspaper and on television on account of Rosie ran from the police after they caught up alongside along with her whereas being truant from school and smoking behind a pizza retailer.
You have bought been working with Centervale’s Metropolis Authorities to recommend a plan to chop again juvenile delinquency and forestall extra incidents of youthful children turning into involved in delinquent behaviors as they develop up.
The principal has requested once you would help the School Board understand additional about juvenile delinquency, the juvenile justice system, and notably Rosie Greene’s state of affairs to help them appropriately reply to guardian’s questions and create a model new protection. He has requested you to rearrange a presentation for the Centervale Metropolis School Board’s subsequent meeting.
Right here is What You Should Do . . .
You is likely to be required to develop a 10–15 slide PowerPoint presentation with script for the Centervale Metropolis School Board. Use APA in-text citations and exterior sources which is likely to be referred to on a corresponding references slide and embody the subsequent:
- Differentiate between the juvenile and grownup justice strategies by first defining the phrases crime, delinquent act, and standing offense. As a result of School Board’s familiarity with Rosie’s juvenile case, discuss in regards to the character of her offenses by determining which ones are crimes, delinquent acts, or standing offenses.
- Make clear to the School Board the origin of juvenile rights and the strategy of juveniles’ rights whereas in custody. Deal with the problems raised by the faculty board member who questioned what would happen to Rosie on account of she ran from the police. Did Rosie’s choice change her rights?
- Consider and distinction juvenile rights to the rights of an grownup beneath comparable circumstances. Use Rosie’s case as an illustration to the School Board the similarities and variations of the juvenile and grownup justice strategies.
- Summarize the juvenile courtroom course of using Rosie’s case. Embrace Rosie’s rights, and set up the courtroom occasions who shall be present: attorneys, select, and lots of others. Predict a potential assortment of events for Rosie’s case and describe how the top consequence might be utterly totally different if Rosie have been an grownup.
- Mix in your presentation to the School Board your proposed Juvenile Delinquency Low cost Plan from LASA 1. Describe how the plan may take care of plenty of of the issues launched in Rosie’s state of affairs. Make clear the steps in your plan that the School Board may uncover helpful of their plight to chop again juvenile delinquency all via the Centervale School System.
- Save the last word presentation as M5_A1_Lastname_Firstname.ppt
LASA 2 Grading Requirements and Rubric
All LASAs on this course shall be graded using a rubric. This challenge is worth 300 elements. Receive the rubric and punctiliously study it to know the expectations.